Sunday 21 June 2015

"For what we see is what we are"

My talented friend, Nick, asked me to be in a few photos for his portfolio. A former Philosophy major at McGill University, Nick only recently opted into the Photography program at Concordia where he intends to illustrate the world through the lens of his trusty FED 3 camera. I have seen some of his work thus far and am beyond amazed by his ability to capture raw emotion on film. Naturally, I was interested in being involved in any of his creative projects. For now, Nick wishes to remain behind the camera, concealed and largely anonymous; he even tries to stay away from social media as much as possible, a feeling I deeply relate to. I told him I'd write about him on the blog anyway because I feel like he deserves a little attention. Besides, those who are passionate and in love with life (and all aspects of it) are the best kinds of people! 

Nick and I spontaneously met up yesterday afternoon and decided to use the nice weather as an opportunity to test run some photos. We made our way down Saint-Antoine and Peel and found ourselves wandering through alley ways and small streets. As two perfectionists - the man behind the camera and the girl facing the lens - neither of us were fully content with the results of the shoot. Albeit, Nick has to get his film developed before we can actually scrutinize these results, but we did play around and take some photos with my Iphone 5s for fun. Here are some of the ones we agreed we both liked. There will be more to come from this shoot once his film is processed. Stay tuned!






Edit:  The developed film unfortunately did not reveal too much promise; some photos turned out slightly unfocused, while others were not well-framed. We were lucky to get these two cool shots though!  




-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment